Accommodations for deaf or hard of hearing patients and/or companions may be made by contacting our telecommunications department at (303) 788-5000 or by dialing extension "0" from any hospital telephone.
To ensure effective communication with patients and their companions who are deaf or hard of hearing, we provide appropriate auxiliary aids and services free of charge, such as:
- Sign language and oral interpreters
- Written materials
- Telephone handset amplifiers
- Assistive listening devices and systems
- Telephones compatible with hearing aids
- Closed caption decoders
- Open and closed captioning of most Swedish Medical Center programs
Please ask your nurse or other Swedish Medical Center personnel for assistance, or contact the Patient Advocate at (303) 788-6406 (voice or TTY).