Acute Rehabilitation Services at Swedish Medical Center
Acute care rehabilitation is an advanced form of care that aggressively helps patients progress toward their recovery after a serious injury.
Swedish Acute Rehab Offers:
- A continuum of care for trauma, neurological and other patients
- 20-bed Acute Care Rehabilitation Unit
- A team approach to help patients reach their maximum level of functioning and independence and enable them to return home or to a less intensive care setting.
- Interdisciplinary care that include nursing as well as occupational, physical and speech and language therapies.
- Physiatrists - doctors who specialize in rehabilitation - work with other specialty physicians as well to ensure continuity of care.
- Treatment seven days a week for patients with many diagnoses, conditions, diseases and therapy needs.
- An individual plan based on the patiient's needs, which often includes intensive therapy for a minimum of three hours per day in accordance with CMS and or CARF standards.
Insurance Approval for Rehabilitation Services
Need assistance with insurance approval for treatment? Call 303-788-5963 for help getting therapy cleared through your insurance company.
Learn more about Acute Rehabilitation at Swedish
Our Areas of Expertise
Given Swedish's Level I Trauma Center and nationally recognized Stroke Center, the Acute Rehabilitation Unit has developed a unique niche of expertise in treating stroke survivors, people recovering from traumatic brain injury and ortho-trauma patients.
Our Rehabilitation Process
Swedish Acute Rehabilitation was named a "Top Performer" by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDS-PRO). This award is for Outstanding Rehabilitation Program Performance. Swedish's program is in the top 10% of all UDS-PRO subscribers (nearly 900 facilities). USD-PRO is the most widely used system in the world for documenting the severity of patient disability and outcomes of medical rehabilitation.