Comprehensive Services for Breast Cancer Care
The Swedish Medical Center NAPBC accredited breast program in Englewood, Colorado includes:
Our breast cancer care team meets weekly to discuss patient cases in order to determine the best care and treatment options available according to nationally accepted breast cancer treatment guidelines, ensuring the best outcomes for our breast cancer survivors.
With a multidisciplinary approach, we provide:
- Ongoing multidisciplinary education in disease understanding and management, as well as disease treatment and symptom management from diagnosis, through treatment and into survivorship.
- Monthly Breast Cancer Support Group meetings, which are tailored to the specific needs of our participants.
- A licensed medical clinical social worker who specializes in oncology services and can provide ongoing psychosocial support to our patients and their families, assisting with any social, emotional, financial, material (or other) needs that may arise.
- Registered dietitian who specializes in oncology care and works with patients individually to develop nutritional plans that optimize overall health throughout treatment. Our dietitian also can assist with cancer exercise planning.
- Strong community partnerships with nationally recognized leaders in oncology rehabilitation, offering our patients access to the finest lymphedema prevention and management programs.
- Access to the Swedish Cancer Resource Center, supported by the American Cancer Society, which provides an abundance of breast cancer-specific supportive resources, as well as free wig fittings and free wigs.
- Chaplain services and monthly interfaith Healing Services for our patients and their families. Services combine music and prayer to offer comfort to those who wish to find spiritual healing.
- Survivorship follow-up, cancer surveillance, health promotion and risk reduction to promote best health and quality of life outcomes following breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Research, Quality Improvement, Outreach Education and Data Management
Integrative health therapies can be useful in the management of disease symptoms and treatment side effects, while also helping to improve overall sense of health and wellness. Swedish Medical Center’s Breast Care Program works closely with the Progressive Health Center to provide patients with the following services:
- Emotional Counseling
- Health Coaching
- Movement Therapy
- Stress Management
- Therapeutic Massage
- Therapeutic Yoga