Research, Quality, Outreach Education and Data Management
Our NAPBC Accredited Breast Program offers:
- Our program is partnered with the prestigious Sarah Cannon Research Institute. The Sara Cannon Research Institute is renowned for its collaborative work with both academic and community research programs throughout the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Swedish Medical Center is a consortium hospital with the Colorado Cancer Research Program (CCRP), which provides access to the most comprehensive research updates on breast cancer treatments, ensuring program and patient participation in important institutional, local and national research programs and clinical trials.
- Each year, the Breast Cancer Care Program at Swedish Medical Center conducts and participates in both physician and center-specific quality improvement program studies. These studies allow us to measure the quality of care that we provide to our patients, enhancing treatment that will result in best survivorship outcomes.
- The Breast Cancer Care Program at Swedish Medical Center actively participates in community outreach programs specific to breast cancer education, prevention and early diagnosis.
- Our Certified Tumor Registrar/ RHIA manages and analyzes de-identified data, maintaining strict patient confidentiality, to formulate a complete summary of each patient's disease starting at diagnosis and through his/her lifetime. This allows our program to provide important cancer information to local state and national agencies with the goal of preventing and controlling cancer through education, research and outcome measurements. Each summary contributes meaningfully in our ability to improve breast cancer survivor outcomes and quality of life.