Swedish Medical Center is home to the da Vinci® Robotics Surgical System
Helping our patients get back to their lives faster.
How Robotic Surgery Works
Despite its name, robotic surgery is actually performed by highly experienced, specially trained surgeons who are assisted by an integrated system of advanced computer and robotic technologies.
Advantages of Robotic Surgery Compared to Traditional or Open Surgery
Using this system, our surgeons have clearer visualization, dexterity and control, which may contribute to better patient outcomes. In addition, the minimally invasive technique offers other benefits, including:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain
- Less risk of infection
- Less blood loss and transfusions during surgery
- Less scarring
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
Available Robot-Assisted Procedures at Swedish Medical Center
Swedish currently performs the following procedures using the da Vinci® Robotic Surgery System:
- Bariatric Surgery: Weight-loss surgery that makes the stomach smaller.
- Gynecologic Surgery: Hysterectomies and other procedures to treat patients with certain forms of gynecologic cancer.
- Prostate Surgery: Surgical procedures to treat cancer of the prostate, including prostatectomy (removal of the prostate).
Is Robotic Surgery Right for You?
If you would like to find out if you are a good candidate for robotic surgery, consult with your physician or find a doctor at Swedish.