Calling 9-1-1 Due to Chest Pain
If you are having a heart attack you need to be in the hospital as soon as possible. People who arrive in the ER soon after symptoms develop receive treatment to reduce the size of the actual heart attack. Delaying treatment may result in more heart muscle being permanently damaged.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE HAVING A HEART ATTACK, CALL 9-1-1. DO NOT DRIVE YOURSELF.
Call 9-1-1 If You Have Any Of These Symptoms:
- Pressure, fullness or tightness in your chest (can also include back, jaw, arms or neck)
- Severe chest or back pain
- Feeling of impending doom
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling faint
- Breaking out in a cold sweat
- If you have known heart disease and have a prescription for nitroglycerin, take it as directed and call 9-1-1.
The Heart Center at Swedish is recognized as a national leader in the treatment of chest pain and heart attacks.Learn more about our Chest Pain Programs