Improving Your Medical Care
Swedish Family Medicine is working to become a place that you can call your medical home. We know that health problems can be hard to manage. For example, if you have multiple medical doctors or if you go into the hospital for care, it can be difficult to keep track of what to do next. We want to help you and your family know what the next steps are each time you make a transition. We also want to make sure that your primary care doctor knows what happened while you were at the hospital or when you met with another doctor. It always helps when our patients are able to provide this information. We may give you a call to set up an appointment to help you feel better.
Goals of our Medical Home Program
- Improve communication between providers who are in different settings (i.e.: between the hospital and the clinic)
- Make sure you have an appointment with your primary doctor after you go to the hospital or emergency room
- Provide education to help manage your health
- Help keep you from getting the same illness again
- Help keep you from going back into the hospital
- Provide other services to help with your specific needs
Other Services That We Offer:
We have a team of people who can help you understand how your medications work, teach you how to break a bad habit, teach you to eat better, and help you access resources in the community. We can even pull the whole team together in one room. Our team is:
- Behavioral/Mental Health: Laurie Ivey, Psy.D.
- Care Manager: Heather Posener, LSW
- Pharmacy: Mary Onysko, Pharm.D. & Jeremy Vandiver, Pharm.D.
- Social Work/Community Resources: Anne Gerber, LCSW