Media Relations at Swedish Medical Center
Swedish Medical Center's media relations team has a long-standing, positive relationship with the news media, and we pride ourselves on responsiveness and accessibility. Reporters, both locally and nationally, rely on us to help them obtain timely, credible and factual information.
Refer to our social media accounts for breaking hospital news
Release of Information Objectives
Swedish Medical Center strictly adheres to federal guidelines (HIPAA) about patient privacy, meaning we will not release condition updates or submit media requests to families unless the reporter has the patient's name. It is our philosophy to present patients/families with all media requests so they may choose if they would like to participate. In addition, the Swedish Medical Center policy relating to release of information is guided by the following objectives:
- To protect the well-being and privacy of Swedish Medical Center patients.
- To report news accurately and honestly in a timely fashion, cooperating with media when possible.
- To ensure the release of information involving Swedish Medical Center employees and facilities to the public and media is coordinated in a consistent manner.
- To protect and respect the rights of our employees, volunteers, patients and others associated with Swedish Medical Center.
- To represent Swedish Medical Center and its employees, volunteers and staff fairly and honestly.
- To inform the community about Swedish Medical Center's excellent patient care, business practices and community contributions.
- To meet or exceed applicable state law and best industry practices for information management.
Media Relations Team at Swedish Medical Center
To interview Swedish Medical Center patients, physicians or staff members, please contact a member of the public relations team.
Please remember that all media inquiries regarding Swedish Medical Center must be directed to the Public Relations Department or the Nursing Supervisor. Please see our Guide to News Media Relations for more information.
Public Relations Department Contact
After hours and for routine patient condition updates, you also may contact the Nursing Supervisor at (303) 788-5000.