Healthgrades, a resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals, recognized HCA/HealthONE’s Swedish Medical Center with numerous speciality excellence awards and five-star achievements.
“Swedish Medical Center is proud to be recognized by Healthgrades in the areas of cardiac care, orthopedics, pulmonary, vascular, gastrointestinal, appendectomy, critical care, labor and delivery, and gynecologic surgery,” said Monique Butler, Chief Medical Officer at Swedish Medical Center. “Our team of physicians, nurses and staff strive to give high quality, compassionate care to our patients every day and this is a result of their excellent work.”
Swedish Medical Center was recognized for the following Healthgrades Clinical Quality Awards for 2018 and 2019:
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 7 Years in a Row (2013-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism for 5 Years in a Row (2015-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure in 2019
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment in 2019
- Five-Star Recipient for Colorectal Surgeries in 2019
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 3 Years in a Row (2017-2019)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Gynecologic Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Procedures for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
- Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery in 2018
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018)
“Clinical quality varies significantly between hospitals, so it’s important for consumers to use information about outcomes to assess where to receive care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Healthgrades. “This 5-star rating for treatment of sepsis showcases the expertise and commitment of Swedish Medical Center to their patients.”
For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare inpatient records for almost 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide to assess hospital performance in 32 common conditions and procedures, and evaluated outcomes in appendectomy and bariatric surgery using all-payer data provided by 15 states and the District of Columbia. Healthgrades recognizes a hospital’s quality achievements for cohort-specific performance, specialty area performance, and overall clinical quality. Individual procedure or condition cohorts are designated as 5-star (statistically significantly better than expected), 3-star (not statistically different from expected) and 1-star (statistically significantly worse than expected) categories. The complete Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality/.
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the south metro Denver area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology. Additional information about the hospital is available at www.SwedishHospital.com.