EMS & Swedish Medical Center
A Pre-Hospital Resource for Emergency Medical Services
Welcome EMS providers! In addition to providing exceptional patient care, Swedish Medical Center is dedicated to providing support and educational opportunities to the EMS community.
About Swedish Medical Center
Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado, part of HealthONE, serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for neurotrauma and as the region's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, a recognized leader in the most advanced stroke care.
Swedish is an eight time winner of the National Research Corporation Consumer Choice Award and a Top 100 Hospital recognized by Reuters.
Why Transport to Swedish Medical Center?
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Three dedicated trauma rooms, one specifically engineered and equipped for children
- Regional Burn Center
- Neurosurgery Center of excellence
- Comprehensive Stroke Center with highly successful Stroke Alert program
- Award-winning cardiac program
- Comprehensive pediatrics program, a proud member of the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children System of Pediatric Care
- Dedicated pediatric area of Emergency Department with a pediatrician and pediatric nurses from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- "Ouchless ER" care: tools for sedation, pain-free IV starts, coordinated and concentrated effort to reduce pain and anxiety for kids and parents
- Comfortable and comprehensive Pediatric Unit with 11 beds
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) with 6 beds
- Level III NICUwith 21 beds for the admission of our littlest patients
- Free standing comprehensive Emergency Room at Wadworth and Bowles: Swedish Southwest ER and in Lakewood on Wadsworth Blvd at the Belmar ER
Educational Opportunities for EMS
- Airlife Website
- Airlife EMS Outreach
- Airlife Ride-Along Program
- Airlife High-Risk OB Team
- Airlife Neonate Team
EMS Feedback or Questions
We appreciate your feedback! If you have any EMS questions or concerns, please contact us!
Swedish Medical Center's EMS manager