Interview season begins the first week in November, with interviews scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and continue through the third week in January. (Please note: no interviews the week between Christmas and New Year’s.) Your day begins at 7:15 a.m. at Swedish Medical Center which is south of Denver. You will be traveling to SMC during rush hour traffic so please allow plenty of time for commuting. Maps and driving directions are included here.
Interview days, typically, conclude around 2:00 p.m. If you are traveling out of Denver International Airport the same evening as your interview, you will need to allow at least 2 hours for the return travel to DIA. This does not include time to navigate the airport.
Schedule and Locations
Swedish Medical Center
501 E. Hampden Ave.
Englewood, CO 80113
Continental breakfast will be available.
- 7:15 a.m. Welcome at Swedish Medical Center
Convenient visitor/patient parking is located in the parking garage on the southeast corner of E. Hampden Ave. and S. Washington St. Please enter the hospital through the main entrance, take a quick left and make yourself comfortable in front of the coffee bar located in the lobby. A faculty member or resident will meet you there around 7:25 a.m. and escort you to the residents’ conference room.
- 7:30 a.m. Morning Report
- 8:30 a.m. Drive to Clinic – Transportation provided
- 9:00 a.m. PowerPoint Presentation – Brad Winslow, MD, Program Director (When Available)
- 9:45 a.m. Tour of Clinic and Completion of Paperwork
- 10:00 a.m. Formal Interview (approximately 20 minutes each)
- 2 Faculty Members
- 1 Resident
- 1 Program Director (When Available)
- 12:00 p.m. Drive to Swedish Medical Center (transportation provided)
- 12:20 p.m. Lunch with Residents & Faculty
- 1:00 p.m. Swedish Medical Center Tour
- 1:30 p.m. Optional – Observe Precepting at the Swedish Family Medicine Clinic
Resident/Applicant dinners are held on Tuesday evenings November – January with the exception of Tuesday, between Christmas and New Year’s. Applicant dinners are a great opportunity for you and your significant other (if applicable) to interact with residents and their spouses in a very relaxed environment. Please feel free to attend any applicant dinner that works with your schedule.
Swedish Family Medicine Residency has an arrangement with the Marriott Denver Tech Center for applicants to receive a significant discount on their room rate (based on availability). To receive the discounted rate, please contact Karen Moon at the number or email address below or access Marriott online booking via this link.