General Requirements for the Selection of Residents
- Must have graduated from medical school within the last 3 years.
- Must have passed USMLE Step I or COMLEX Level 1 on the first attempt.
- Minimum score on USMLE Step I 200 and Step II 210 are preferred and COMLEX scores at or above 500 are preferred.
- Must be eligible to apply for and receive a full, unrestricted Colorado Medical License at the beginning of your second year of training. The Colorado Board of Medical Examiners requires one year of postgraduate US education for US and Canadian graduates and three years of postgraduate US education for international graduates before licensure may be granted. If you have questions regarding Colorado’s licensing requirements, please contact the Board of Medical Examiners at (303) 894-7690.
- Must submit three letters of recommendation with a minimum of one letter of recommendation from a U.S. physician who has supervised the applicant clinically.
- Must have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a strong desire to be an outstanding family physician.
Note to Foreign/International Graduates: A resident in our program must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or possess the appropriate documentation to allow resident to legally train at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Please see the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine’s Graduate Medical Education website for details on visas.
Incomplete applications will delay the application process. APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED VIA ERAS #1200721544 . SFMR conducts interviews on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We do not conduct interviews between 12/24 and 1/1.