There is no cure for SLE. Treatment is aimed at:
- Stopping health problems from worsening
- Treating problems when they happen
- Lowering the chance of health problems, such as harm to organs
- Making your quality of life the same or better
The treatments you will have will depend on your health, the parts of the body that have problems, and the impact of these problems on your life. Health specialists may be needed.
SLE differs in each person. The earlier SLE and flare ups are found and treated, the better. Keeping in touch with your health team is important to help find the treatments that work best.
You may need:Lifestyle changesMedicationsAlternative and complementary therapies
- Reviewer: EBSCO Medical Review Board Daniel A. Ostrovsky, MD
- Review Date: 05/2018 -
- Update Date: 09/05/2018 -