Acute rehabilitation is an advanced form of care that aggressively helps patients progress toward their recovery after a serious injury.
Acute rehab services at Swedish include:
- A continuum of care for trauma, neurological and other patients
- 20-bed acute care rehabilitation unit
- A team approach to help patients reach their maximum level of functioning and independence and enable them to return home or to a less intensive care setting.
- Interdisciplinary care that includes nursing as well as occupational, physical and speech and language therapies.
- Physiatrists - doctors who specialize in rehabilitation - work closely with other specialty physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Treatment seven days a week for patients with many diagnoses, conditions, diseases and therapy needs
- An individual plan based on the patient's needs, which often includes intensive therapy for a minimum of three hours per day in accordance with CMS and or CARF standards
Swedish acute rehabilitation named "Top Performer"
Our acute rehab facility was named a "Top Performer" by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDS-PRO). This award is for Outstanding Rehabilitation Program Performance. Swedish's program is in the top 10% of all UDS-PRO subscribers (nearly 900 facilities). USD-PRO is the most widely used system in the world for documenting the severity of patient disability and outcomes of medical rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation services focused on restoring your independence
It's our goal to help you regain function and confidence so you can return to your normal life as soon as possible. Our rehab specialists focus on:
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Communication and swallowing function
- Tone management
- Strength and endurance training
- Emotional support and well-being
Rehabilitation care complementing our areas of expertise
Given Swedish's Level I Trauma Center and nationally recognized Stroke Center, the Acute Rehabilitation Unit has developed a unique niche of expertise in treating stroke survivors, people recovering from traumatic brain injury and ortho-trauma patients.
Care for complex orthopedic trauma, spine injury and surgical patients
Our program focuses on acute and chronic conditions, providing a level of care that builds independence. The major emphasis for patients with orthopedic and spinal problems is on:
- Independent mobility or developing wheelchair skills
- Learning techniques for daily self-care, assessing needs for adaptive equipment
- Prosthetic and orthotic training
- Increasing physical strength and endurance
- Education to prevent secondary complications
Our specialty rehabilitation clinics
In conjunction with the Colorado Neurological Institute (CNI), we offer these services:
- Clinical evaluation and management of spasticity
- Intrathecal baclofen pump placement and management
- Coordinated rehabilitation care before and after deep brain stimulation for treatment of movement disorders
- Comprehensive rehabilitation approach for patients with Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis
Our specialty clinical services
- Bioness (functional electrical stimulation to improve gait and hand function)
- VitalStim (electrical stimulation to improve swallowing function)
- Evaluation for a wheelchair and seating system
- Driving skills assessment and remedial training
Insurance approval for rehabilitation services
Need assistance with insurance approval for treatment? Call 303-788-5963 for help getting therapy cleared through your insurance company.