Breast Cancer Care at Swedish Medical Center
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute and Swedish Medical Center have partnered with the Invision Sally Jobe Breast Network to provide individualized, innovative breast and breast-related services. Our multidisciplinary team of care providers is dedicated to providing the highest quality of breast cancer treatment in a comfortable and caring environment. We guide patients and their family members through diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship.
To learn more, click the links below:
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate treatment
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of services
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Nurse navigators at all times to help navigate the health care system
- The best possible outcomes, according to nationally recognized breast cancer best practice treatment guidelines
Early Detection and Mammography
The Invision Sally Jobe Breast Network is a leader in the diagnosis of breast disease and offers a full range of breast screening and diagnostic services, including mammography, ultrasound, stereotactic and ultrasound-guided biopsy, and RODEO breast MRI—an advanced technique that further enhances MRI sensitivity, particularly in women who have a compromised mammogram. Contact Invision Sally Jobe to make an appointment for a screening mammogram or other breast exam.
The breast cancer program at Swedish Medical Center has undergone a rigorous application process and on-site survey to become fully accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons.
Sarah Cannon and Swedish Medical Center
Sarah Cannon and Swedish Medical Center are committed to providing comprehensive breast cancer care. From understanding your diagnosis to learning about clinical trials and transitioning into survivorship, Sarah Cannon and Swedish are there for you through every step of your cancer journey.
Breast cancer patients at Swedish Medical Center have community-based access to novel therapies and hundreds of clinical trials each year through Sarah Cannon. Sarah Cannon brings together the most innovative medical minds and resources to advance science and deliver personalized, compassionate care.
Interdisciplinary Breast Cancer Tumor Conference
Our breast cancer care team meets weekly to discuss patient cases in order to determine the best care and treatment options available according to nationally accepted breast cancer treatment guidelines, ensuring the best outcomes for our breast cancer survivors.
Education, Support and Rehabilitation
With a multidisciplinary approach, we provide:
- Ongoing multidisciplinary education in disease understanding and management, as well as disease treatment and symptom management from diagnosis, through treatment and into survivorship.
- A licensed medical clinical social worker who specializes in oncology services and can provide ongoing psychosocial support to our patients and their families, assisting with any social, emotional, financial, material (or other) needs that may arise.
- Registered dietitian who specializes in oncology care and works with patients individually to develop nutritional plans that optimize overall health throughout treatment. Our dietitian also can assist with cancer exercise planning.
- Strong community partnerships with nationally recognized leaders in oncology rehabilitation, offering our patients access to the finest lymphedema prevention and management programs.
- Access to the Swedish Cancer Resource Center, supported by the American Cancer Society, which provides an abundance of breast cancer-specific supportive resources, as well as free wig fittings and free wigs.
- Chaplain services and monthly interfaith Healing Services for our patients and their families. Services combine music and prayer to offer comfort to those who wish to find spiritual healing.
- Survivorship follow-up, cancer surveillance, health promotion and risk reduction to promote best health and quality of life outcomes following breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Research, Quality Improvement, Outreach Education and Data Management