Navigating your Cancer Journey from Discovery to Recovery
Sarah Cannon at Swedish Medical Center provides experienced, compassionate nurse navigators to support patients as they go through the many stages of living with cancer.
Your nurse navigator is your medical system advocate and will help you, and your family understand each part of the cancer journey while compassionately supporting your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
How Our Nurse Navigators Help You
- Understand diagnosis and available treatment options
- Understand what resources are available and how to access them
- Understand your medications
- Provide educational materials
- Offer you the opportunity to participate in clinical trials
- Help you overcome barriers
- Connect you with community resources
- Improve communication between the healthcare team and host multidisciplinary cancer conferences to ensure that you receive personalized treatment
- Coordinate care with the entire healthcare team, including:
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Plastic surgeons
- Genetic counselors
- Support groups
- Physical/Lymphedema therapists
Breast Cancer Nurse Navigators
Our highly experienced, dedicated nurse navigators work as your advocate, helping with support, coordination and education for you and your family during care and after your cancer diagnosis.
Terra Berens, RN
Sariet Burchfield, RN