Diseases of the liver, biliary system and pancreas represent some of the most difficult and challenging problems faced by healthcare professionals today.
The Center for Diseases of the Liver & Pancreas at Denver's Swedish Medical Center offers a multidisciplinary approach to surgical and non-surgical treatment strategies for patients with complex pancreatic, biliary and liver disease, including cancer.
Our liver and pancreas center is home to leading specialists, an individualized care approach and the latest technology to support each patient from diagnosis through treatment and recovery.
Gold-seal accredited in pancreatic cancer care
Swedish is the first hospital in Colorado to earn the Joint Commission's Gold Seal in Pancreatic Cancer Care. As the third medical center in the country to achieve this award for pancreatic cancer care, this certification recognizes Swedish Medical Center’s dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for quality health care.
Liver & Pancreatic Conditions Treated
We treat a wide range of pancreatic and liver conditions, including:
- Alcoholic and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Bile Duct Disorders, including (benign and malignant) biliary duct cancer
- Cancer of the Liver, primary and metastatic
- Cirrhosis of the Liver
- Drug-Induced Hepatitis
- Inherited Metabolic Liver Disorders
- Pancreatic cancer/tumors
- Pancreatitis (acute and chronic)
- Portal Hypertension
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Viral Hepatitis (A, B, C, D and E)
Offering comprehensive pancreatic and liver cancer treatment
Swedish Medical Center offers comprehensive liver and pancreatic cancer services as a part of our Center for Diseases of the Liver and Pancreas. We also offer complete care for each patient’s entire cancer journey, from diagnosis through recovery and survivorship. Our multidisciplinary team of liver and pancreatic cancer specialists works tirelessly to provide compassionate care and exceptional outcomes to all patients.
Our team catches certain cancers at earlier stages than the state average and has survival data that is better than the state average. These cancers include liver, intra- and extra-hepatic bile duct, gallbladder, pancreas and other parts of the biliary tract. We offer advanced treatment options, including minimally invasive NanoKnife surgery, for patients with cancers of the pancreas, liver, colon and bile ducts. Additionally, we partner with experts in oncology rehabilitation to offer our patients comprehensive rehabilitation to mitigate the development of long-term abnormities resulting from oncology treatment.
Liver and pancreas experts you can trust
At the Center for Diseases of the Liver & Pancreas, our team of specialists come from many different areas of expertise to provide a broad scope of care.
- Gastroenterology/Hepatology: Board-certified gastroenterologists offer advanced endoscopic techniques.
- Interventional Radiology: Interventional Radiologists use minimally invasive image guided techniques to treat tumors or obstructions.
- Surgery: General surgeons are fellowship trained in advanced surgical techniques involving liver, biliary and pancreatic surgery. Surgeons specialize in the operative removal of tumors of the liver, pancreas or other parts of the GI tract.
- Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology: Medical oncologists administer specialized chemo-therapeutic treatment plans. Radiation oncologists deliver external and internal beam radiation therapy to referred patients, both inpatient and outpatient.
For more information about the Center for Diseases of the Liver & Pancreas at Swedish Medical Center, call 303-788-3478.