Comprehensive cardiac care at The Heart Center
Whether you have unexplained chest pain, need cardiac testing or are experiencing a heart attack, The Heart Center at Swedish Medical Center offers comprehensive cardiac care through coordination of EMS responders, the ER and an experienced team of healthcare professionals who will ensure you receive appropriate and timely care for your condition.
Programs exemplifying our commitment to quality cardiac care include:
Chest Pain Program
- Patient chest pain evaluations are completed in less than eight hours and do not require a hospital admission. At other hospitals, this process typically takes 18-24 hours and involves an overnight stay.
- Chest pain nurse practitioners are on campus from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm - more hours per day than any other facility in the Denver area.
- When EMS calls a Cardiac Alert on the way to Swedish, an ER physician and our experienced cardiac team meet the patient on arrival at the hospital.
- Two cardiac cath labs provide comprehensive emergency services.
Cardiac Thoracic Surgery
- The operating room (OR) is available 24/7 for emergency heart and thoracic surgery.
- The OR, CCU and progressive care unit staff offer a designated team of nurses for open-heart surgery patients.
- A Cardiovascular (CV) nurse practitioner is available to provide education, discharge information, direct patient care, rounding and additional expertise in evaluating situations for the physician.
Expert staff at The Heart Center
From our nurses to our cardiologists, we have an experienced team of specialists ready to provide quality cardiac care.
- We use a multidisciplinary approach to working with our cardiovascular surgeons to provide excellent care for our CV surgical patients. This results in positive outcomes with shorter lengths of stay than the national average.
- We have some of the most highly credentialed nurses in the state on our team.
A cardiac patient's story
Thriving after heart affliction. Read Tim Vermeer's story of living with Atrial Fibrillation
More information about cardiac care
- Chest Pain - When to Call 9-1-1
- Eating Heart Healthy*
- Heart Palpitations - What You Need to Know
- Is Fat Good or Bad?*
- More Veggies Please*
- Recipe Substitutions for Reducing Fat*
- Reducing Cholesterol*
- Shaking the Salt Habit*
*Information provided by the American Heart Association.