Specialized Heart Care Programs Make the Difference at the Swedish Heart Center
Chest Pain Program: Extended Hours & Expedited Process
- Our Low-Risk Chest Pain Program (pdf) uses a progressive process that can be completed in just eight hours and does not require patients to be admitted beyond the ED. At other hospitals, this process typically takes 18-24 hours and involves an overnight stay.
- Chest Pain Nurse Practitioners (NPs) have increased availability with expanded hours and cover both the main campus, as well as the Southwest ER in Littleton. NPs at Swedish are on campus more hours (7 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.) than any other facility in the city.
CV Surgical Team: Highly Experienced Professionals for Better Outcomes
- We use a multi-disciplinary approach in working with our cardiovascular (CV) surgeons to provide excellent care for our CV surgical patients. This results in positive outcomes with shorter lengths of stay than the national average.
- We have some of the most highly credentialed nurses in the state.
EP Lab: Specializing in Complicated Advanced Ablations
Our advanced Electrophysiology (EP) Lab performs AICD insertions, atrial fibrillation ablations and other complicated ablations.
Recognition of Our Commitment to Excellent Heart Care
Time and time again, our program is recognized by third party organizations who are committed to improving care for heart care patients.
- Swedish Medical Center Awarded 2013 Mission: Lifeline® Recognition by American Heart Association for our commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients that effectively improves the survival and care of STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction) patients.
- UnitedHealth Premium® Recognition in Cardiac Surgery, Interventional Services & EP.
- Joint Commission Certification in Coronary Artery Disease, Coronary Artery Bypass Graft – CABG (Open Heart Surgery), & Heart Failure.
- Get with the Guidelines® recognition from American Heart Association for providing excellent care for Heart Failure