The radiology department at Swedish Medical Center is one of the largest in the state of Colorado, offering some of the most complex medical imaging procedures in the Rocky Mountain region. Our dedicated staff of highly trained radiologists uses state-of-the-art technologies and procedures to provide the best possible care to our patients.
We offer next-day scheduling for nearly every procedure and provide a multitude of diagnostic imaging services, including:
- Interventional radiology
- Nuclear medicine
- PET/CT scans
A pioneer in imaging technology
Swedish Medical Center was the first hospital in the Rocky Mountain region to utilize CT scanners and one of the first to use MRI, angiography suites, ultrasound and nuclear medicine cameras. In addition, Swedish Medical Center is one of only two hospitals in Colorado with neurointerventional physicians on staff. Interventional radiology is available 24 hours a day.
Leading-edge medical imaging technology and services at Swedish include:
- Expert technologists and nurses are cross-trained to ensure the best service for patients and physicians.
- Several CT and PET/CT scanners available on campus, including Colorado's first and only 64-slice PET/CT.
- CT Direct program through the ER provides CT or CTA within 10 minutes for emergent stroke-alert patients. Swedish Medical Center was the first JCAHO-certified Stroke Center in Colorado.
- 3-T MRI and 1.5T MRI scanners provide high-resolution images for neurological, vascular, orthopedic, abdominal, pelvic and aortic reviews. We are also the only location in Colorado to provide functional MRI and spectroscopy.
- A wide range of nuclear medicine services featuring seven diagnostic, digital-imaging rooms and including one "open" camera for cardiac imaging or for patients sensitive to small spaces.
- Three biplane neuroangiography suites, one single plane angiography suite and three fluoroscopy suites.
- Women's imaging services available on campus through a partnership with INVISION and Swedish's Perinatal Resource Center located on the 5th floor.
An expert radiology team and accredited facility
Our radiology team is composed of board-certified radiologists who represent every specialty and subspecialty of radiology from neuroradiology and interventional angiography to trauma and women's imaging.
In addition to being one of the largest imaging departments in the state of Colorado and having a department full of highly skilled technologists, all imaging modalities that can participate in the American College of Radiology (ACR) accreditation program do so willfully. We’re proud to display the ACR gold seal of accreditation on all of our CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, PET/CT and ultrasound equipment. The ACR does not have accreditation programs for diagnostic or interventional radiology; however, we adhere to all ACR guidance on safe radiation practice parameters, and we continually strive to keep all radiation doses as low as reasonably achievable. See why you should choose an ACR-accredited facility.
Scheduling your diagnostic imaging appointment
Swedish offers convenient scheduling to accommodate outpatient needs within 24 hours. Images are read 24/7 for immediate draft reporting or physician review via "PACS," our digital access service, meaning you don’t have to carry your images to every physician you see.
Please call 303-788-5444 to schedule an appointment at any of our three convenient locations.
Getting to your imaging appointment
We want to make it easy for you to reach us for your next appointment – please see details below for each of our three locations.
Main hospital appointments
Entering through the emergency entrance:
- Use our complimentary valet service to park your car Monday through Friday at the emergency room from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Find the green line and follow it to radiology
Entering through the main entrance:
- Use our complimentary valet service to park your car Monday through Friday at the main entrance from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Take the elevators up to the third floor and follow the green line on the floor to radiology.
You can check into radiology admissions from 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If your appointment falls outside of these hours, please enter through the emergency room entrance and register with the admissions staff at that location. The registrars will direct you to the radiology department upon completion.
601 medical office building appointments
In this medical building, we offer x-ray, DEXA scans, CT scans, MRI and ultrasound imaging.
- Enter on the ground floor of the 601 building and proceed to suite 100 to check in for your appointment.
- Please feel free to use our complimentary valet service Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. located outside of the main entrance to this building.
499 medical office building appointments
This office offers x-ray imaging.
- Enter the ground floor, turn left and proceed to suite 100.
- Please feel free to use our complimentary valet service Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. located outside the main entrance to this building.
FREE valet parking and convenient garage parking is available: direct admissions Monday through Friday in the radiology department and evenings & weekends in ER admissions.