Swedish Medical Center and Sarah Cannon have teamed up to offer lung cancer patients a diverse team of specialists, advanced resources and a full continuum of lung cancer care. We make it easier for you to access the care you need by helping coordinate and manage the various services, referrals and therapies involved in lung cancer treatment planning. As a result, you can devote more time and energy to restoring your health.
Advanced Diagnostics and Therapies
Here are just a few of the reasons why Swedish Medical Center is the provider of choice for lung cancer treatment throughout the Rocky Mountain region:
- Our comprehensive lung cancer program follows nationally recognized standards of care, including the National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines
- Swedish Medical Center is the only Colorado hospital to earn the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for certification in Lung Cancer Care
- A diverse team of specialists reviews patient history and proposed treatment plan for complex cases during a weekly multidisciplinary case conference
Everyone seemed to know what was happening when they walked in... there was no re-explaining every time somebody new came in or there was a shift change. [Everyone was] extremely professional and very reassuring."
– Swedish Lung Cancer Program Patient
Comprehensive Care, When You Need It Most
Oncology nurse navigators collaborate with your entire health care team to help you navigate through diagnosis, appointments, hospital and community resources, treatment decisions and survivorship . All our registered nurses in the inpatient oncology unit have completed the HealthONE oncology core curriculum, which enables them to administer chemotherapy, and several nurses have achieved national certification. We also offer the following programs to support you during lung cancer therapies:
- A lung cancer screening program to help detect lung cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage
- A lung nodule clinic that provides a team of experts who offer surveillance and treatment options to patients who have lung abnormalities found on medical imaging (CT scan, x-rays, etc.)
- A palliative care program available to help staff and physicians focus on the best possible quality of life for patients with advanced illness
- Clinical trials for patients with lung cancer are offered through our collaboration with the Colorado Cancer Research Program
Lung Cancer Support
As part of an integrated lung cancer program, we provide a monthly lung cancer support group devoted to the well-being of patients diagnosed with lung cancer and their family members. We also provide integrative therapy options for oncology patients, including: