While we work together on your behalf, you can devote more time and energy to restoring your health.
Our program, which is the only in Colorado to earn the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Lung Cancer Care, brings together top providers who meet weekly to discuss each patient's treatment plan and progress.
Advanced Diagnostics and Therapies
Swedish Medical Center is the provider of choice for lung cancer treatment throughout the Rocky Mountain region. Our program uses nationally recognized standards of care, including the National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines. In addition, all of our registered nurses in the inpatient oncology unit have completed the HealthONE oncology core curriculum, which allows them to give chemotherapy. Several nurses have achieved national certification. Additional program highlights include:
- A lung cancer screening program to help detect lung cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage
- A lung nodule clinic that provides a team of experts who offer surveillance and treatment options to patients who have lung abnormalities found on medical imaging (CT scan, x-rays, etc.)
- A palliative care program available to help staff and physicians focus on the best possible quality of life for patients with advanced illness
- Many of our physicians have access to clinical trials for patients with lung cancer that are offered through the Colorado Cancer Research Program
- Cancer research studies available to our patients through the Phase 1 Sarah Cannon Clinic
- We partner with experts in oncology rehabilitation to offer our patients comprehensive rehabilitation to mitigate the development of long-term abnormities resulting from oncology treatment.
Teamwork on Your Behalf
In addition, each week, top specialists from many fields meet to discuss each patient's history, treatment plan and make recommendations.
Everyone seemed to know what was happening when they walked in... there was no re-explaining every time somebody new came in or there was a shift change.
Your Lung Cancer Team of Experts
- thoracic surgeons
- thoracic radiologists
- medical oncologists
- radiation oncologists
- genetic counselor
- nurse navigators
- specialty nurses
- tumor registrar
- registered dietitian
- research investigators
- social worker
Cancer Nurse Navigators
Oncology nurse navigators work with and for you to help you through diagnosis, appointments, hospital and community resources, treatment decisions and survivorship.