Comprehensive treatment of neurological diseases and disorders
Swedish Medical Center ranks among the nation's top neuroscience programs, and was designated as a Neuroscience Center of Excellence (COE).* Swedish is leader in the field of neurology and neurosciences and the treatment of stroke.
Our program combines state-of-the-art technology with an outstanding team of staff and physicians who have extensive experience and expertise in treating nearly all forms of neurological disease.
Our proven excellence in neurosciences has made Swedish the Rocky Mountain region's referral center for neurotrauma — and the first hospital in Colorado to be four-times certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
A patient-focused approach to neurological care
At Swedish, we know facing the diagnosis of a complicated neurological disorder can be overwhelming. We also know the most effective treatment must not only address the illness, but the individual as well. As a result, you will find our approach centers on caring for you as a person, not just treating the disease.
Neurological disorders we treat
At Swedish, highly specialized neurosurgeons, neurologists and interventional neuroradiologists are available 24/7 to treat patients with neurological conditions, such as:
A comprehensive and integrated neuroscience program
Features and benefits of the neuroscience center at Swedish include:
- 25 neuro-related clinical studies
- CO-DOC stroke telemedicine services
- Critical care- and neuroscience-certified nurses and nurse practitioners
- Gamma knife non-invasive procedures
- Interventional neuroradiologists who can provide around-the-clock services, including the latest treatments for stroke.
- Investments in technology, such as the O-Arm™ Imaging Resource, that help our surgeons continue to excel in the OR.
- Specialized palliative care services to relieve pain and other symptoms/stresses related to patients' illnesses or injuries.
- Commitment to remaining a leading stroke and neuroscience center, including a recent $50 million expansion
Swedish maintains strong relationships with Craig Hospital, a world-renowned traumatic brain and spinal injury rehabilitation hospital; and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Colorado's leading acute rehabilitation hospital for stroke rehab.
*According to the 2006 Neuroscience Center of Excellence Survey. The 2006 survey, the only one of its kind in the neurosciences, analyzed 150 neuroscience programs, across 41 states. Swedish exhibits excellence in: Clinical and Research Programs, Staff, Facilities and Technology and Business.