Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Swedish Medical Center has a dedicated pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) offering our child patients the highest level of care right in their neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric intensivists, pediatric nurses and a dedicated PICU staff, this unit provides patients the expertise and personalized attention you have come to expect from Swedish and beyond any other children's hospital in Denver, Colorado.
Swedish’s six-bed pediatric intensive care unit is located within the pediatric ER at Swedish Medical Center. Our PICU is specially designed to give further medical attention to the children who need it most.
PICU amenities and features
- Pediatric intensivists, or medical doctors specializing in treating children of all ages with serious illness and/or injury
- A tremendous, well-experienced pediatric intensive care nursing staff
- Pediatric critical care nurses
- Dedicated respiratory therapists
- Private patient rooms with adjacent bathrooms
- Sleeper couches for parents who would like to room-in with their children
- Comfortable, convenient family lounge
- Spacious, child-friendly unit
- State of the art technology and design
Virtually tour the Swedish PICU
Click the photo above to take a virtual tour of the Swedish pediatric intensive care unit..
Swedish Medical Center is extremely pleased to offer specially-designed pediatric emergency room suites as well as some of the lowest hospital and ER wait times in the Denver area.
Should you have any further information about our pediatric intensive care unit or children’s hospital in Denver, Colorado as a whole, feel free to reach to us for more information. You can reach the Swedish pediatric unit by calling (303) 788-6505 and the pediatric intensive care unit by calling (303) 788-7428 (PICU).