Labor, delivery and childbirth recovery at Swedish Medical Center
Our team of labor and delivery and postpartum nurses have more than 1,800 years of combined experience, and we have more than 100 women's health specialists.
Our team includes specially trained, caring nurses, perinatologists, obstetricians, midwives, and neonatologists, available to help make your pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum period as safe and special as possible! You can even pre-register for your delivery at Swedish below.
Medical & educational resources for childbirth
Hospital features for a comfortable and safe childbirth experience
Having a baby is exciting, but can also be overwhelming! Our goal is to give you the best childbirth experience possible by offering:
- A warm and inviting, family-friendly labor and delivery unit
- Family attendance at birth
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access
- NICVIEW baby cameras offer 24-hour streaming access for families with a newborn in the NICU
- Flexible visiting hours
- Room service for new moms
- Breastfeeding Support Group offered weekly to support nursing moms once they leave the hospital (free)
- Sleeping accommodations provided for mom’s significant other
- A dedicated postpartum (recovery) unit with the option for baby to room-in with mom
Visit Swedish's maternity unit
Pre-register for delivery
We recommend that maternity patients pre-register for their stay at our hospital. By completing our maternity pre-admission prior to your admission at Swedish, you will save time. Plus, it is one more thing you won't have to worry about when the big day comes!
Returning your pre-admission form
Once you have completed the form and you have made copies of your insurance card (both sides), you may either:
Fax your completed form to Swedish's ED Admissions Department at 303-788-8906.
Or, mail it to us at:
Swedish Medical Center
501 E Hampden Avenue
Englewood, CO 80113
Attn: ED Admissions Dept.
If you have any questions regarding your financial responsibility, please call Financial Services at Swedish Medical Center at 303-788-6852. If you are not insured, you may want to inquire about our self-pay discount plan and financial assistance programs.