In addition to medical care for patients experiencing a high-risk pregnancy, the Perinatal Resource Center (PRC) provides information and support so that even a complicated pregnancy can be a positive family experience. We are committed to working together to achieve the best outcome possible for every pregnancy.
Fully accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine, Swedish's Perinatal Resource Center offers comprehensive services to women who may be considered at risk, including:
- Amniotic fluid abnormalities
- HELLP syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Gestational diabetes
- Later-age pregnancy
- Placental conditions
- Premature labor/pre-term labor
- Multiple gestation (twins, triplets, or more)
- Spina bifida
- Fetal abnormalities or other conditions threatening pregnancy
On-site inpatient and outpatient consultation and OB ultrasound services are available.
The Perinatal Resource Center also offers 3-D and 4-D ultrasounds!
Perinatal Center Team
Consultation with a perinatologist (an OB/GYN physician specializing in high-risk obstetrics) can be arranged through your physician. Perinatal nurse practitioners and nurses/sonographers trained in high-risk pregnancy work as a team with our perinatologists.
Support for High-Risk Pregnancies
Helping women understand health maintenance and options to limit further complications is an essential part of overall patient care. Instruction on pre-term labor and smoking cessation is given by perinatal nurses on a one-to-one basis.
Key services provided through the PRC include:
- Reproductive genetic and pre-conceptual counseling
- Inpatient/outpatient consultations
- State-of-the-art perinatal testing, including amniocentesis, non-stress testing and biophysical profiles
- Comprehensive fetal ultrasound, including 4D ultrasound
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Fetal echocardiography
- Doppler velocimetry
- Genetic amniocentesis
- Percutaneous umbilical blood sampling
- Spina bifida
- Therapeutic amniocentesis
- Premature labor education and evaluation
- Heparin injection education and anti-coagulation management
- First trimester screening program
Swedish Delivers High Risk Care. Read Jennifer Keep's Story of Pregnancy with Placenta Previa.