The Swedish Medical Center Surgical Robotics Institute
Having surgery no longer means a long recovery time and big scars to show for it. At Swedish, we work hard to stay a leader in surgery techniques and technology. That means our surgeons offer minimally invasive and robotic surgery whenever possible.
Robotic Surgery at Swedish
Robotic surgery brings together the precision of a robot and the touch of a human. Using the da Vinci robotic system, our surgeons can see more clearly and have better movement and control during surgery.
Many patients will see a number of benefits from robotic surgery, including:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain
- Less blood loss and transfusions during surgery
- Less risk of infection
- Less scarring
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
Available Robot-Assisted Procedures at Swedish Medical Center
Swedish currently performs the following procedures using the da Vinci® Robotic Surgery System:
- Robotic Cardiothoracic Surgery at Swedish Medical Center Minimally invasive heart and lung surgery including mitral valve repair, coronary artery bypass grafting and lung lobe removal.
- General Surgery: General surgery including hernia repairs, removal of the appendix (appendectomy) and much more.
- Gynecologic Surgery: Hysterectomies and other procedures to treat patients with certain forms of gynecologic cancer.
- Urology Surgery: Study, treatment and care of urological conditions including urological cancers such as prostate cancer, as well as more rare urological conditions that affect adults and children.
Is Robotic Surgery Right for You?
If you would like to find out if you are a good candidate for robotic surgery, consult with your physician or find a doctor at Swedish.